Thursday, January 5, 2012

What have I gotten myself into?

Yesterday I had my first day back working again at H&R Block. I agonized over the decision about whether or not I was up for returning to work this year given the condition of my health. I'm still not completely sure I made the right choice, but since I can work only a couple hours a week and the office is right across the street and, let's face it, we could use a little extra income right now, I decided to give it a shot. I am learning how much it is true that I am my own worst enemy right now. I get myself so psyched out about whether or not I will be able to keep up with life that it exhausts me before I even had a chance.

Fortunately though, my first day went remarkably well. I really like my manager and the people I am working with. I switched to a new office from last year (because it's right across the street) and was a little nervous about having to make the adjustment, but everyone is so helpful and welcoming I think the transition will go very smoothly. The only hard part is going to be trying to remember how to do taxes again after 8 months of off-season. :-P

Unfortunately, it was the first day I've had icky symptoms presumably from the new meds. I had terrible nausea off and on all day. It seems to happen most often shortly after taking the antibiotics/antifungal/garlic dose so I'm taking that to mean that they are working and my infection isn't happy about it. I have an appointment at my dr's office on tues to meet with a nutritionalist so, if things don't get better, I may ask about it then and see if I need to be worried.

Today I feel a lot better so far except that I am incredibly exhausted. I've not gotten out of bed all day except to make food and I still feel like it might be time for a nap. :-( Mmmm... nap sounds good.

Goodnight. :-P

2 comments:

Taryn said...

I hope work continues to go well. Best of luck!

Shelley said...

I'll be praying for you! I had horrible nausea on the doxy also. I'll pray that you'll be able to take it and find something to help the nausea go away. Definitely not fun stuff. =(